Saturday, May 08, 2004

Ok, since this is about cooking AND knitting, here's some cooking stuff.

I made a batch of brownies last night. I used one of two of my favorite recipes, but made a slight change. Instead of 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate squares, I used 4 oz of german chocolate squares. I immediately saw a difference. I didn't think that it was going to be a problem. They baked up in the same amount of time, looked good and smelled just as good. When cooled, they were a bit mushier to cut through than my usual brownies. They tasted good to me. Hubby said that they were very moist. When asked if that was good or bad, I believe he said good, bordering on bad, because of the mushiness factor. Next time, I make the recipe for brownies that came inside the german chocolate squares box....how come I didn't see that til AFTER the brownies were in the oven?!?

No comments: