Thursday, July 22, 2004

Meetup

The meetup last night went well. I got there and there were a large group of women that were already there and as Jenn said, they seemed unwelcoming and catty bitches. Thankfully one was nice and invited me to start another table with her. The women that ended up sitting at the table I was at were really nice, and they included two women that I met at last month's meetup. I am hoping to meet up with several girls next week before I have to go to a party.

My son is sick today. Bad stomach ache, which I think I have as well. Neither one of us wants to eat/drink anything. So I stayed home from work today to care for him. He seems fine, other than an episode this morning, he's been bouncing off the walls. So I decided today was the day that I was going to venture into Staten Island to a yarn shop that just opened in May, that a fellow knitter (hi Nancy, if you're reading!) told me about. I called my sister who lives in SI to see if we could drop by. I ended up bringing with me some extra yarn and some nice size needles and taught her how to knit. She picked up on it quite quickly, and then when I went to the yarn shop, she was ogling yarn. I think she's going to quickly become a knitting addict. Yay! One more on my side!

You'd think that with the whole day available to me, I'd have done more knitting. I had to frog the heel that I did last night, and I've only just started the decreases before the foot. BUT, I got the needles today that I needed to start the tank for my sister, so I may just swatch for that today. Something tells me it's going to be a late night tonight.....

1 comment:

illanna said...

Hello there!

I love your weblog! I was wondering if you could tell me how you got your WIP charts to be in the shape of garments? That is so awesome! I love your work too.

Thanks!

Illanna