Sunday, April 02, 2006

Valerie is a wicked enabler

Valerie and I went to a yarn sale today. I didn't bring a bag with me to carry yarn; I didn't realize the amount and didn't think there'd be that much I'd want. Little did I know.

6 skeins of French Tweed by Unger (100% wool)


6 skeins of French Tweed by Unger, another colorway


3 skeins of Alpaca, and 6 skeins of Filatura di Crosa Valentino (wool/cotton blend)


11 balls of Filatura di Crosa Sympathie, a mohair wool blend


5 balls of Filatura di Crosa Kinair, a goat hair/nylon blend which is OH so soft.


13 balls of Anny Blatt 100% angora


And this was my biggest score.

That's 30 balls of 100% angora for $20. Twenty dollars. Oh my.

And because I keep forgetting to post them, my Pomatomus socks, and my Sockapaloooza Jaywalker socks in Schaefer Anne. Pomatomus socks are in Trekking.

14 comments:

monkeemaven said...

Wow - you really did behave yourself there! That's a loooooot of Bunny Yarn... *pine*

Valerie said...

Glad to help you out! ;)

It really isn't that much when you put in several small photos.

goodkarma said...

Wow, what a score! :) Your finished socks are lovely, too. You've been so busy!

Laura said...

I'm weeping. Weeping!

Bunny Yarn!

Terby said...

I'm applauding wildly. That's a nice haul! I like the socks, too.

mikomiao said...

oh my god. i may have to use my april stashalong day off to go to this sale...

what lovely yarns. obviously you did add to the stash. :-)

Pam said...

Wow! What a great sale. I need to fatten up my stash!

Gina said...

LOL! Continuing to build and flash the stash are you?

Joanna said...

Love the stripey Pomatomuses!!

alison said...

Red and black zigzagging Jaywalkers - awesome!

Ruby Banshee said...

You're Jaywalkers are gorgeous with this yarn. Nice choice.

I am obscenely jealous of your angora.

Brittany said...

30 balls of angora for what??? *turns green with envy*

Zonda said...

Wow! Great haul there! Love the socks. I love that four letter word SALE!! :)

Cheesy Knit Wit said...

All that Angora for $20.00 That is just awesome!