Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My interview

Will post the rules at the end of the post if you want to play. But for now, my questions came from Sarah. Ready? Let's go!

1. You live in Brooklyn and I think that's rad! Have you lived in the city all your life? If not, what inspired you to move? I have lived in NY my entire life. I grew up in Queens and moved to Brooklyn in 1997 out of love. Then boyfriend-now hubby and I couldn't bear to be apart, and we had such conflicting schedules, we decided to move in together. We'll eventually move to Queens, because I'm a Queens girl at heart.

2. Okay, Okay - gotta ask the obvious question! You are an amazing knitter... How did you find knitting and how long have you been at it? Shortly after my son was born, I was shopping at a store called P.R. Grand, a local everything store. There is an section in the back that has yarn/needles. I saw a pattern for a scarf and said, I could do that. So I bought some yarn, some needles and a small booklet that taught me the basics. I still have that booklet, and the scarf that I made. They've been collecting dust (ok, not the scarf, I wear that proudly, mistakes and all) for about 4 years.

3. Your son is ridiculously cute. Please take this opportunity to tell us all about him - be as mushy as you want!!! Every mom's dream is to be told to go on and on about their child. I'm no different. :) My son Daniel is my little fighter. Born 11 weeks early, weighing in at 3 lbs 2 oz, he has grown up without any of the normal preemie problems. In fact, he's been off the charts for height and weight since about 6 months. He's 46 inches today (we had a drs appt. :) ), and headed off to Kindergarten in Sept. He's excited, and I'm a nervous wreck. He's incredibly bright, even the doctor mentioned it today. He's your average boy, loving Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles, but the sweetest boy ever. He loves hugs and kisses and I'm "the bestest mommy every" according to him. He's incredibly funny and loves to make people laugh. I swear he will be an actor one day, and when he accepts his Oscar, he'll thank...his papa. :)

4. What are your favorite types of projects and why? You seem very fond of lace, as well as cables! I don't have a favorite type of project. I look for projects that will test me. If the cables look really hard, I want to tackle it. If the lace looks intricate, I want to study the intricacies of knitting it. I picked up socks because they looked fun, wanted to tackle all the little needles and wanted to see how the sock formed. My first project after the scarf was a hooded sweater for Danny. The next? A sweater for myself with a band of fair isle in the front. Neither were made on gauge and neither turned out well, but I taught myself fair isle and how to do a sweater. :) So basically, I look for a challenge in my projects.

5. What is your proudest moment of life so far? My proudest moment? It's got to be the day that I saved Danny's life...twice. After coming home from about 7 weeks in the NICU, we had a drs appt. When we got home from it, I put Dan in his carrier on the bed, while I bundled up trash to have hubby take out. In the 30 secs I was gone, he stopped breathing and turned blue. I performed CPR on him while calling 911. He was breathing again before the ambulances arrived, literally 2 minutes later. At the hospital, he stopped again, and no one believed me because they thought I was still seeing him blue from earlier, like in my head. I finally got a dr to look at him, and sure enough, he had stopped again. Not the best day of my life, but I'm proud to have given life to Danny, not just once, but three times.

And now the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones above.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What excellent answers - My eyes were tearing up at the end, there! I'm proud of your proudest moment, too! WOW! :)

This interview game is so cool! You get to find out more about people. Thanks fer playin
- fun fun fun!

*Sarah

PURLPOWER said...

Interview me? :)