Saturday, March 04, 2006

The sock goes on an adventure

My first attempt at spinning using Valerie's wheel:

I still have to wash the kinks out of it, and I'm thinking of dying it. It screams "green" to me.

The progress on my entrelac scarf:

Aren't the color changes amazing? Here's my poor attempt at an artsy/not typical angle of the scarf:

My Lorna's Laces Jaywalkers are done. They've seen different parts of the city, not just the subway and my living room. Last Saturday, they visited the inside of Madison Square Garden. I went to see Billy Joel.

That's prior to the show. This is when he came on stage, singing "Angry Young Man"

Yes, I know you can't see anything, can barely make out the stage. I know it looks like I was really drunk and not able to focus on anything. And that's why I like the photo. :) I was stone cold sober for the show, unless you count a contact high from the morons smoking pot during the concert. Say thank you to my friend Jodi (hi Jodi!) for snapping a photo of me knitting before the concert.

A few days later, the sock went here:

Hubby and I got premiere passes to see Bruce Willis's new flick. He snapped a photo of me knitting before the movie.

Movie was great. Go see it!

I suppose you want to see the finished socks, huh?

Next up? I have no clue. We'll just have to see where my needles take me.


goodkarma said...

Oooh, fun, your Jaywalkers remind me of candy canes, only prettier. Sounds like you've been having loads of fun lately, good for you!!

Trillian42 said...

Billy Joel? I am so very jealous. I've seen him twice, and would love to go again.

And the socks look great!

Gina said...

The colors of your Lady E are astounding and gorgeous. The more I see her, the more I think I might have to give into the temptation.

Jennifer said...

Those are some cultured Jaywalker! They look lovely. The entrelac scarf is amazing as well.

Valerie said...

I love the yarn! :) You can come over again and practice, if you want!

mf said...

Your entelac scarf looks AWESOME!! As the Jaywalkers too of course.... I asked hubby to take pictures at Fenway while I was knitting, he wasn't happy about that one...LOL It was a good game and everyone jumps up then sit up and down while I sit and knit yeah!....LOL