Tuesday, January 31, 2006

February is for finishing

As we enter a new month, I have made a list of things that I need to do before
doing anything new....and by that I mean adding to my to do list. A few of
these will be "new" projects, but they were already on my to do list.

- I need to buy/install a zipper on Mariah since I botched the first
installation of the zipper.
- block mittens for mitten swap (done since writing the post)
- block and sew on button to white Debbie Bliss baby dress (done since writing the post)
- finish last armband/seam/block and sew on button to beige Debbie Bliss baby dress (done since writing the post)
- finish handles on the Roxy bag, felt and line
- Start a baby sweater (yarn bought already)
- Frog last 6 or 7 rows of shawl, redo and finish
- Knit a stuffed toy for the older sibling of the baby getting the beige baby
dress
- finish the sweater I started for the little guy
- finish the gloves I started for hubby
- Sockapaloooza socks
- finish multidirectional scarf

While I could have worked on any number of the above items this morning on the
train, and I've had this list made up for a few days, I grabbed some size 1
dpn's, a ball of Trekking, and my Knitting on the Road book and started a sock
this morning. I've got serious startitis. I don't know what's wrong with me.
I will finish these socks along with a good portion of the above list in
February. I will. I swear.

Ok, so here's my problem with my shawl. I was being SO careful when working this last pattern on the shawl, and still somehow I messed it up. The edges of the diamond don't meet in the middle. See?



I have to frog it, although this thread, the last time I checked, said to send it to Monkee to be fixed. I bet she'd have it fixed and finished the day she got it! :)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's quite the list! I know you can do it.

roxy =^o^= said...

Hee hee I thought my list was long!

HI SWEETY!

*mwah*

TTYS!


xo
Anne

Anonymous said...

I have faith in you. I know you'll finish all that this month. I hope I didn't make you goof the shawl? Oh, and there's no cure for startitis. Sorry :p

gourdongirl said...

I voted you sent it to Tx to be fixed, but I'm sure you are more than capable to tink it yourself....even if it is a mega pain.

Shonze

PURLPOWER said...

Blimey Karen just reading your to do list makes me feel woozy, still, you seem to be cracking on with it.

Shame about the lace but you know, it will come good in the end. In the mean time, why not distract yourself with this...

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow. That's a long list. Much luck to ya there.

I added your button to my blog, but not the button you offer. I made the image at the top of the screen (because I love it so) into a button. If you hate it, let me know and I'll replace it.

Stefaneener said...

That's an impressive list. Instead of being inspired or anything, I think I'll stick with admiring you for your ambition and lovely work.

monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

But rodents are not reliable creatures... best that you brave it yourself.

What is it with cursed Mariah zippers? The zipper on Helen's Mariah wasn't sewn in properly... one night it left home and killed three prostitutes. Sad tale, that.