Monday, February 06, 2006

FO's

Last week, Bean and I went on a bit of a yarn crawl. We hit a bunch of stores in Bklyn, only remembering to take photos of Brooklyn General.



After shopping, we went to the Point and sat for a few hours knitting and chatting. It was a wonderful, relaxing day with a great knitting bud. I hope Bean and I can get together more often; I really enjoy her company.



Since my post last week, I have been busy, busy, busy working on my list of WIPs. I managed to finish 2 off the list, plus the socks that I started because I needed something to work on.



This is the ZigZag scarf from Modular Knits, using Four Play from Brooks Farm that I got while at Rhinebeck. It's very soft and it being finished this week is great, since it's supposed to be very cold.



These socks are the Spey Valley socks from Knitting on the Road, using Trekking yarn and size 1 needles. They were a very quick knit, and I love the way they came out. There looks like there's enough yarn left over to make matching socks for the little guy.





My favorite finished object. The Roxy bag from The Garter Belt. I used 1 skein of black Cascade 220, and 1 skein of a pale pink Cascade 220. It was a quick knit, and as usual, a great pattern written by the wonderful Wendy. It was also the first time I lined a bag, or anything for that matter. The fabric was bought at Brooklyn General, and it took a few minutes to understand how to use the interfacing. The sewing was all done by hand, using Wendy's walkthru, and I absolutely love the way it turned out. By far, one of my most favorite knits. I can't wait to use the bag tomorrow.

Next time, I hope to show you a baby sweater, and some progress on the hubby's gloves.

11 comments:

snowdrop said...

wow! that's some beautiful knitting! everything looks amazing...

Jerry & Maxy said...

What an AWESOME Roxy Lady!!!! Socks and scarf are loverly too!

turtlegirl76 said...

That lining is so cool looking! A perfect compliment to the bag. Verra nice!

Donna said...

I love that pattern. You did a great job.

Jennifer said...

I love the bag! What a great lining too. Nicely done.

PURLPOWER said...

Excellent work on the bag, especially the lining. I find bag lining very difficult for some reason so it is inspiring to see it done well.

Valerie said...

I am so going on the next yarn crawl! It looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh man I'm jealous :D Those look GREAT!!! And the Bag! *cries*

Christine said...

HOly crud you've been busy! That bag is to die for and those socks look so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Your trekking socks turned out great. Mine are so mismatched you'd think two different people knit em. I love the first one. Hate the second. Hate it. I've ripped it out three times. (sigh) That one's SO going to always go on my left foot.

X's
etcgirl

Valerie said...

I love the socks! (I already told you I love the bag!) I want to see that scarf in person, too. :)