Friday, April 08, 2005

RAKs and SP packages!

Yesterday I ran home from work to clean my apartment. I have a friend from out of town staying with me for the weekend. When I picked up the mail, there was not one, not two, but THREE packages for me. I was in the door, shoes still on, jacket still on, Faith No More still blaring in my ears and ripping open packages.

The first from Ali over at the Coffeeshop:


The second from PurlPower…I didn’t look for a name or anything on the package, even though I was tempted, and even though the card wasn’t signed, it was addressed to “Coolnknit”, so I knew. :)


Last, the package that my SP alluded to in comments. It was perfect timing, because I was going to go buy the book to make hubby the Flame Sweater. Now I don’t have to!


It was like Christmas…in April. I love Knitty, and the Coffeeshop, and all the people there. So kind and generous. Really. I’m blown away by the generosity.

Today I spent a couple hours on the phone with my friend Barbara. Go visit her blog. She’s a wonderful writer. And hopefully soon, we’ll be able to read about her crocheting and knitting. :) She’s the one that taught me the basics of crocheting, so I must thank her publicly; my current project is a hat for donation done in crochet. Thanks Barbara!

5 comments:

Urban Barbara said...

Thanks so much for the kudos and shout out. It was an honor to teach the Queen of Knitting the simple basics of crocheting.

And for all of you out there, I have seen her work live and in person, and it's amazing. It's also amazing to sit together knitting and crocheting, and after an hour or so, I'm still plugging along and my friend here has finished another pair of socks!

PURLPOWER said...

Trust me to try and send an anonymous package and then spell your bloomin' name wrong! I knew I'd dropped myself in it last week when I suddenly realised I had misread your name - ooops!
Glad you liked your RAK anyway, did you open the cardboard tubes though? Interesting things lie therein.....
LOL PPx

monkeemaven said...

Speaking of packages and stuff - the yarn arrived here! I've renamed it the Orb of Greatness. *pets and purrs*

Christine said...

OOOHHH I'm jealous! Good gifties!

Wally Flug said...

This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future