Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Today was a good knitting day. As I prepared to set out of the house this morning, I packed up my big messenger bag with the yellow/green socks to finish, the Pretty yarn to potentially start as socks (wound up last night), and my Onde. Also packed up patterns for all 3 projects. I finished up the last yellow/green sock at my desk (the boss was out of town and is again tomorrow), leaving the stitches to be grafted on the needles. I was going to head to a LYS to ask for help in grafting the stitches, buy a needle, and buy size 2 circs to start the Pretty socks.

Can you believe that the woman at the LYS told me that she couldn't help me graft 8 stitches together because I didn't purchase the yarn there? Even though I spent $20 in the store. Sigh. It's going to make me think twice about going there again.

Anyway, I managed to graft those stitches. They're not great, but they're socks for a 2 year old. I don't think she'll care if they're not perfect. I cast on and worked a few rows of the Pretty socks. I'm using a pattern in the Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles book. It's called Columbine Peaks. It's pretty.

I headed off to the International Meetup day just before 6pm, and I think that even though this was my second meetup, this was my best one. I met some really nice ladies (and Joe!) and we knit and talked and laughed. We've planned to meetup again next month, and I'm counting the days. :) I did 20 rows of the Onde at the meetup and it seemed like I was knitting faster than usual. I guess that's what sitting with other knitters does to me.

Pics tomorrow of the yellow/green socks. Maybe progress photos of the Pretty socks as well.

No comments: