Thursday, June 24, 2004

Knitting against drs orders

My husband (evil glare) has left the camera at work for several days, so I haven't been able to take pics of my handmade needles. Maybe one day soon he will bring it home.

I was bad. I knit last night. I took it easy though. I did a few rows on a purple scarf done in Rowan yarn on #11s. Its been sitting in the basket for awhile, and I figured that it needed a little love. The second my wrist started to hurt, I stopped. I knit while watching Secondhand Lions, and while hubby slept on his side of the couch.

I did a couple of rows on the Onde this morning, again stopping once it hurt. Speaking of Onde, I got my shipment of Onde that I ordered last week. I opened up the package and saw the most gorgeous shade of hot pink I think I've ever seen. And for it to turn into a hot orange color! I cursed the ace bandage and the bad wrist.

I also got some really nice sock yarn from the great guys at Threadbear. I bought enough to make 2 pairs of socks in Lorna's Laces in Gold Hill and Mother Lode (you can see pics in the 6/17 entry on Black Dog).

I'm thinking of making my mom a Charlotte's Web for Xmas - what do y'all think? I've already got a list written out...just need to get a knittin'!!

No comments: