Monday, December 18, 2006

Xmas Knitting Part 2

Last week, I joined Tamara and Valerie at Tania's (no blog) house for some spinning. Great fun was had, and there was lots of wine consumed. My secret knitting project was revealed: a wine cozy for the hostess.


Finished brother socks. I tried to make them match. But they didn't turn out that way, and I'm ok with that.


Finished Broad Street mittens for a friend, minus the buttons to secure them.


Last week I decided that I NEEDED to make a coworker a pair of Fuzzy Feet. But as I needed to felt them this past weekend, I needed to get a jump on things. Luckily, they are a quick knit, and into the washer they went with mom's boyfriend's Fuzzy Feet. Here they are drying.


I decided that I would leave mom's handspun hat as is, and spin up the alpaca for mom. Here is is resting on the niddy noddy. First yardage estimate is just shy of 300 yards. After a good washing, I will remeasure the yardage.


And, with that, my holiday knitting/spinning is done. Next up? Finishing that @#$%#$^! tea shawl if it kills me. I'm currently on row 8 of the last chart, but you'll forgive me if I don't talk about it....I'm hoping that if I keep my mouth shut, the knitting will go smoothly.

7 comments:

LaBean said...

Finally you can rest your weary fingers/wrists. Shawl? What shawl? *giggle*

Zonda said...

Whew! You've been busy! Nice work! You sure do deserve a rest. :)

Jo said...

Kudos on the quick fuzzy feet - I wish I had thought of that!

Bezzie said...

Love that wine cozy!! And you're done! Woo hoo!

Gina said...

Yes, speak not of the shawl -- no jinxing!

roxy =^o^= said...

WOOP!


;)

Batty said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love the Broad Street Mittens, and the bottle cozy is fabulous.

The Fuzzy Feet actually look like they're supposed to, not like Gargamel is missing his footwear! They're amazing.