Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sweaters

Yay! The sweaters are done. They were actually done on Tuesday, but I'm a lazy girl and didn't get around to posting til today. Pic is a little dark, but I think it's a nice shot. Props to hubby for taking the pic to represent the true color.



Last night, Tamara and I went to the Point for the re-release launch party for Knit 1. There were door prizes. Look what she won:


Guess who won the second copy of the book? Me. I didn't win things before I became a knitblogger.


We hit a the Caliente Cab Co. afterwards for some dinner and some drinks. Yum. No, the similar sweaters were not planned.



Trekking socks for the brother are moving slowly...I'm not quite done with the first one yet. But then again, I picked up another project...it's secret though. I will share that it's being made out of stash yarn! :)

13 comments:

Zonda said...

Awesome job on the sweaters! I bet you're glad they're done! Congrats on winning a copy of the book! :)

Jo said...

The sweaters look wonderful - can we see a full pic, please?

Helen said...

you two are so cute! and you whipped up those sweaters really quick :)

Dame Wendy said...

That looks so fun!! I have yet to make my way to The Point yet. I'm green with envy over the book you both won!! The sweaters look amazing! :)

Bezzie said...

Too funny! You guys look like you're having a good time there!
And what's with you wearing the same sweaters all the time! Didn't you do the same thing with Val? Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

They look great! I love the color... can't believe you cranked out 3 of them!

LaBean said...

You know, you two look a lot like me and MY friend Karen. We went out to the same place, and had the SAME color sweaters...(hums Twilight zone theme) woooooo weird.

YAY for done sweaters! Mystery project. Will I see this on Thursday? :)

D said...

Awesome Karen! The sweaters came out great and look at all the fun you and Beannie had! Bottoms up!

Batty said...

Beautiful sweaters, and those drinks look delicious. It's obvious you both had a great time.

Tina in Wonderland said...

The sweaters do look great!

I'm so jealous! Y'all not only won great door prizes, but then got those dreamy drinks!!

Sarah said...

Awesome sweaters!

How cool to hang out with Tamara, and that you both won books! Yay!

looks like you guys had an excellent evening.

Gina said...

It looks like you had a grand time. The sweaters are lovley.

Dk's Wife said...

Your sweaters are just beautiful Karen!