Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Insert witty title here

So, a week since the last post. What have I done in the last week. Let's see. I finished the Making Waves socks. I have yet to take pictures of them. I tried, and the color is all wonky, so I've got to move location and try again.

I have not picked up the Victoria tank at all in the last week. Here's the problem: It's done in the round to the armholes, then you work back and front separately. I did a few rows on the back, messed up the lace pattern, and said screw it. I then did the back all st st. It looked funny, but I just knew I couldn't do the lace pattern on it. I then summoned up the courage to do the front with the lace pattern...ok, so the hubby told me that the back looked really weird, and it made me feel bad...and while there is a bit of a problem with the lace pattern on the front, it's not that bad. But now I have to undo all the st st on the back and redo it, before I can do the finishing on it. I'm a big procrastinator.

I picked up hubby's gloves to finish, and I've made a mistake about an inch back, so I've got to frog back to the mistake and redo. That got put back into the basket, along with the Victoria tank.

I made a hat out of some Manos that I bought awhile ago. I used the 76 Stitches pattern in the latest Interweave Knits. I started it yesterday morning on the way to work, and then worked on it all afternoon after the boss left for a meeting. I finished it, weaving in ends and all, before I left the office yesterday. I almost wanted it to be winter so I could wear it. :)

I started a short sleeve sweater out of Phildar Onde that I bought awhile back. I'm using the Bob pattern from Knitty. I must not be in the right frame of knitting mind lately with all the messups...I started it in the round, and then realized that if I continued the way I was going, I was going to run out of first ball quickly, and not have enough of the solid color to finish. So I frogged it and cast on again for doing it in pieces. But now I've miscounted the rows and I've got to frog a few rows to fix the decreases. I think I'm living in the frog pond.

Tonight is the monthly knitting meetup. I'm hoping that my sister comes with me. I've spent a lot of time with her lately and I'm secretly loving every minute of it. Shhh...don't tell her. We're also going to do a bit of yarn shopping on Sat. I have to purchase yarn to make baby gifts.

Gina, I just yesterday saw your comment on the hat that Grover is wearing....it's the first hat in the latest FC Knitting magazine. I used a skein of Koigu Kersti that I had in my stash.

I called Threadbear yesterday. I ordered another skein of Lorna's Laces in the same color I used for my Making Waves socks. I'm going to fulfill the request of a pair of Making Waves for my coworker. I also ordered 2 skeins in a solid color, Carol Green, to make the Cloverleaf Socks for a friend of mine for her birthday. She's Irish, so green cloverleaf socks are perfect for her. Plus, what could be better than handmade socks that celebrate your irishness for your 30th birthday? Well, maybe a trip to New Orleans! That's where I'm headed in November for MY 30th birthday. I plan to hit the yarn shops while I'm there. I've already got a yarn money fund going. :) Okay, not really, but I really should.

Time to go fix my mistakes on Bob.

No comments: