Thursday, April 22, 2004

Last night's knitting meet up was so much fun. I worked on more squares for the baby blanket. I'm working on square number 13, out of 30. Almost 1/2 way done with the squares. I met some new people and we all exchanged emails. Hopefully we'll be able to get together again soon, not just once a month at these meet ups.

As I tried to explain to my husband last night, it's great to be in the same place with people like yourself. It's nice to hear compliments from friends and coworkers on your work, but they don't know anything other than your work. But, if you get compliments on color selection and stitching from another knitter, whether it's politeness or not, it gives you a high. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, being in a room full of people who didn't look at me strangely when I tried to explain gauge to someone, who nodded knowingly to my story of strange looks on the subways, who knew what magazine I was referring to when I mentioned Black Magic, was so very comforting and so very nice.

Knit NY is exactly the type of place I would like to have one day. A coffee bar inside a small shop with great, bright colored yarn. The coffee bar offered baked goods, cookies, muffins, etc. The two things I love in one place, yarn and baked goods. Geez. All I can think about now is how I can open up a shop like this. Like I don't have a million other things to do. Sigh.

No comments: