Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Knitting

Yesterday on the way home from picking up my son from preschool, I stopped at a light. While waiting for it to turn green, I noticed a sign that said yarn. Not a big sign, a small handwritten sign in a store window. I look at the name of the store and it's Close Knit, and inside I can see a lot of little cubbies with yarn. I used every ounce of willpower I had to not pull the car over into the very inviting open parking spots and run in. Though, I may just go in today. :)

I have finished 10 out of 30 of the squares needed for the baby blanket. And because I've completed one full row of squares, I felt the need to sew them together. There isn't a rule that says all the sewing needs to be done at the end, right? So I sewed 4 out of the 5 in one row together and about a 1/4 of the 5th square. And while I wasn't too thrilled with the individual squares, I LOVE the strip of square sewn together. I can't wait to finish another few squares to sew another strip together. Who knew making a baby blanket would be so much fun?

Cooking:
I am in the mood to cook tonight. My hubby and son will benefit from this wonderful mood. Maybe I'll whip up a batch of brownies as well. Maybe the lack of sleep contributes to the lazy mood. I got a fairly good night's sleep last night, and I'm in a fairly good mood. Hope it lasts throughout the day.

No comments: