Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Mom's day!

Let's play catch up while banana bread is baking in the oven.

First, Bean tagged me for a meme:

1)What's your favorite LYS?: The Point.
2)What about it do you like most?: I like the atmosphere, the friendly staff, the ability to sit there for hours and knit in peace, AND that they don't mind the little one in the store.
3)What is your 2nd favorite?: I haven't really been there often, but I think my second fav would be Seaport.
4)What would you improve about it to make it a tie with your first?: A place to sit and knit and kinda veg out. The fact that The Point has food and beverages is a big plus.
5)What's the last thing your bought at your #1 LYS? Takhi Cotton Classic for a Nautie for the little one, some Manos Cotton Stria and size 4 dpns.
6)Who's Next?: Ali, Karma, Helen, Bezzie, and Terby.

Next up, finished Spey Valley socks. It's Trekking color 100.


I have been working on a bunch of small projects, some secret plots, some for the Vacation swap, some new socks, and one not knitting related.
Vacation swap knitting...there are 2 of these, one purple and one blue, and I'm not showing what it is, just a tease here:


New socks. They are the Spiral Rib socks from Socks, Socks, Socks, in the Trekking colorway that most of you admired. (And by the way, my favorite of the Trekking? The cream/brown pink colorway!)


Also making an appearance at the park yesterday with the new sock, the shawl....I messed it up again while at the park, so back into the back it went, but am planning on working on it all day today.


The not knitting related item. I picked up a Klutz Quilting book awhile ago. It's meant for kids, but since I am a kid at heart, I knew it would be perfect for me. I am interested in learning, and I finally pulled it out last night and started to work on a sachet. It's stuffed with fiber fill sprayed with Victoria's Secret Love Spell body spray. Click the pic to see the back of the sachet.


Last, we have my purchase from the Lion and Lamb sale with Bean last week. Go visit Bean's blog to see pics of me and how much I love this Malabrigo.


Happy Mother's Day to all my net friends!

12 comments:

goodkarma said...

Happy Mother's Day, Karen! Looks like you've been having fun, as usual. Love those Trekking socks. I hope you get to spend the day doing whatever you want and that your little sweetheart gives you extra hugs and kisses today. :)

Brittany said...

I love that sachet, Karen! It's wonderful!

LaBean said...

MMMM Banana bread. :D Now why'd you have to go and show me that pillow! You want me to go back to Purl Patchwork huh? I wanna go, too! :D Socks, Socks, Socks. I could have sworn I had that book. I WOULD like to borrow that Sensational Socks book, to try the Entrelac socks. I can do it on the loop, I'll just need to use markers to divide where the needles would be. Happy Mother's Day, K! Enjoy that shawl *giggle*

aija said...

Lovely trekking socks! I just picked up that 100 colorway, it looks great knit up!

roxy =^o^= said...

Meow!

(translation: Happy Mother's Day!)

Love ya!

Anne

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day! I wonder what you're making for your vacation pal... Tease!

PURLPOWER said...

Are the Point and Seaport in or near NY? A good friend of mine is visiting NYC next month and (he doesn't know this yet) but I am going to send him on a yarn mission! He went to Purl Soho for me last time, where can I send him this time round? (especially for funky sock yarn?)

PS will fulfill my tag duties later today.

Bezzie said...

Pretty shawl! I'm impressed you tried to knit it at the park! I can't do anything more than stockinette in public--too much concentration involved otherwise!

Gina said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day. Wow! You have been one busy gal. I'm so interested in quilting -- actually, I'm more interested in buying up all of the cute flats of fabric for quilting. I think little projects are perfect. I might have to get my hands on that Klutz book.

Christine said...

Malabrigo is my very favoritest of yarns, SO SO SO addicting! I'm thinking your socks look so good I may have to go get some trekking too!

Terby said...

A very belated Happy Mother's Day!

The sachet is really cute. Maybe I need a Klutz Quilting book!

jpknits said...

How are you liking the spiral socks? I keep seeing the pattern in socks, socks, socks, but I don't know why I've hesitated.