Friday, December 17, 2004

101 Things

Because I'm a copycat and I like to do things that other people are doing....here's the latest "blog craze": 101 things about me. There's 101 because, oh, just because. :)

1. My birth certificate has the initials Y.H. as my middle name.
2. It’s really my Chinese name.
3. When I got married I officially gave myself a middle name.
4. I took my maiden name as my middle name.
5. My father passed away when I was 7.
6. Keeping my maiden name was to honor him.
7. People always assume my last name is hyphenated.
8. It’s not.
9. I just turned 30.
10. I have one brother and one sister, both younger than me.
11. I have one son.
12. I’m not having anymore kids.
13. I’ve been married for almost 6 years.
14. We got married in Vegas, at the Graceland chapel.
15. 3 days before Valentine’s day.
16. My favorite flowers are sterling roses.
17. I don’t have a favorite color.
18. I could eat Chinese food every single day and not get sick of it.
19. As well as Taco Bell.
20. I don’t eat eggplant.
21. I think it’s the only veggie I won’t eat.
22. I’ve been vision impaired since the 4th grade.
23. I’ve been wearing contacts for about 10 years.
24. My longest friendship is with someone who befriended me in the 6th grade.
25. I’ve only had 2 “real” jobs in my life.
26. The first one lasted 6 years.
27. The second is the one I’m at now.
28. I’ve been at my current job for 7 years.
29. I noticed that I do things for the “long term”.
30. I’ve only had 2 “real” relationships.
31. The first lasted 5 years.
32. The second is my current one.
33. Hubby and I have been together for almost 10 years.
34. He is my best friend.
35. My mother is a patternmaker/seamstress.
36. I can’t use a sewing machine to save my life.
37. I picked up cross stitch when in high school.
38. Interest waned thru college.
39. I picked it up again shortly after I graduated.
40. I have a bachelor’s in anthropology.
41. I went to Queen’s College in Flushing, NY.
42. Kindergarten thru high school, I attended 6 schools in total.
43. 1st thru 4th grade was at a catholic school.
44. I was raised catholic.
45. I do not practice any religion at the moment.
46. I’ve been “online” since 1993/1994.
47. BBSing is how I met hubby.
48. My screenname when I met hubby was Violet.
49. I have a tattoo of a violet.
50. I got it for my 21st birthday.
51. I’ve since added 2 more.
52. I’ve had my ears pierced multiple times.
53. I currently only wear earrings in the first holes and the one in the cartilage in my right ear.
54. I have never smoked a cigarette.
55. Not even one drag.
56. That’s one of the things I’m most proud of.
57. I started knitting in 2001.
58. I’m completely addicted.
59. Other than the one time trip to Vegas, I’ve never left the east coast.
60. The farthest west I’ve been is to Cleveland Ohio.
61. I was born in Brooklyn, NY.
62. I was raised in Queens, NY
63. I currently live in Brooklyn.
64. I am a roller coaster freak.
65. Hubby and I drove 9 hours one way, on a weekend, to Sandusky Ohio to ride roller coasters.
66. Our goal is to travel around the world to ride the different roller coasters.
67. We especially want to go to Japan.
68. As a typical NYer, I’ve only been to the “landmarks” once or twice.
69. 1999 was the last time I visited the landmarks.
70. It was the first time I climbed the steps to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
71. It was the only time I went to the top of the Towers.
72. I couldn’t boil water when I got married.
73. When we moved to our current apartment I learned how to cook.
74. I love to bake.
75. Cheesecake is my specialty.
76. Or peanut butter cup cookies.
77. I love to play board games.
78. Unfortunately, hubby isn’t a board game player.
79. Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit are my favorites.
80. I was a tomboy growing up.
81. I’m still mostly tomboy.
82. But I secretly crave the pink frilly girly stuff.
83. I went to sleepaway camp for 3 summers in a row.
84. The were the best summers of my life.
85. They are the reason my son will never go away to sleepaway camp.
86. I love to read.
87. I will read almost anything you hand me.
88. Except history.
89. My favorite authors are Anne Rice and Stephen King.
90. I have my favorite book by Anne Rice (The Witching Hour) signed by her.
91. I have varied musical tastes.
92. But I lean toward 80’s hair bands and top 40.
93. I love Billy Joel.
94. I waited in line for 5 hours while 5 months pregnant to have a cd signed.
95. Hubby went to buy me a beach chair for me to sit on in line.
96. I collect shotglasses.
97. I have over 50, from the US and several from out of the country.
98. I personally purchased maybe a dozen of them.
99. The rest are from my boss from his travels.
100. My background is ½ Chinese, and the rest is a mix of Danish, Dutch, and German.
101. There’s also a bit of Italian and American Indian, but I think it’s too little to claim.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rollercoaster freak, eh? You should come to Santa Cruz and ride the Giant Dipper. It's really old and very scary!
-Monica@blacksheep

Gina said...

Great list! It's fun learning more about my online knitting buddies.

mochacaremel said...

Aww man! Cedar Point rocks my world! It is hands down the best amusement park in the world, all the Six Flags combined pale in comparison. I think Money magazine did an article this past summer about the best amusement parks and Cedar Point was like #3, behind some lame parks that I can't even remember. You really brought back the memories of driving past endless fields of corn and other agriculture on my way to Sandusky. Awesome list!

Mocha