Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Finished Charlotte!

Finished Charlotte #2. Again, I’m in love. It’s not as big as Charlotte #1, but I think that’s because I bound off too tightly and it’s not able to stretch as much. But that’s ok. I’m satisfied with the results and am currently wearing it at work. If I can coerce the hubby into taking pics of it tonight, you’ll see pics before the weekend. If not, then pics will have to wait til after Saturday’s excursion to Rhinebeck.

I’m heading up with my mom and my sis. My sis is staying over at my place and we’re heading out real early to pick up my mom in the city before getting on the highway. Tea, loaded with sugar and Bon Jovi coming out of the speakers will get us there in no time flat. Hey, if they can’t take Bon Jovi at 8am, too bad for them. My car, my music. :) I’m looking forward to meeting some people from the Knitty Coffeeshop. I think it’s going to be great fun.

Speaking of great fun, I went to Makelast night and got to meet the wonderful and talented Amy Singer and got a signed copy of her book Knit Wit. I also picked up 2 balls of Blue Sky Alpaca in Turquois. I am planning on making a scarf from the Little Box of Scarves. I know, I know…I’ve got so much other stuff to do, but I can’t help myself. My name is Karen and I’m a knitting addict.

1 comment:

Amy R Singer said...

Hey, K -- how was Rhinebeck??

I did manage to scoop a bit of silk for spinning at our local needlework festival, though. $16 worth of natural tussah. all i need now is to learn how to spin!