Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Jumble of stuff

I finished the crochet on Charlotte, and added the fringe. I think it looks really pretty. I’d love to show you, but I can’t because we’re having issues with the computer at home.

I frogged all of the Victoria tank. I didn’t like the way the lace was coming out. I was using stitch markers at certain points and the lace around the parts with the st markers were bigger and funkier looking than the other spots with the lace. So I got some little rubberbands in the hair product aisle and started the tank all over again. Am about 5 inches in and it’s looking much, much better.

Still working on the Cloverleafs for a friend. Had an issue with the heel shaping, but it should be fixed soon so I can continue on them.

Started (!) another project. A coworker wanted a handmade sweater for her 6 year old god daughter. I’ve agreed to make it. I’m using a Rowan pattern and some funky Gedifra yarn. I’m about 3 inches into the back of it. I believe the pattern is called Sport.

I still have more Xmas gifts to do, and I really, really, really want to make a Charlotte for myself, hopefully to wear to a wedding at the end of October. We’ll see if that happens.

My Knitty SecretPal has sent me a package! It took everything I had to not open it up on the porch and waited till I got all the way upstairs (3rd floor) and take off my shoes and settle in before opening it up. Inside was a very pretty handmade washcloth in a purplely colorway (how did she know I’ve VERY partial to purple?!?), 2 little things of facial stuff, and a small red feltlike heart with a drawstring. Inside this little pouch was a stretchy charm bracelet with 2 already on there, one that says Washington, which is where she’s from, I’m assuming. The other says I Love to Knit. I was ecstatic. It went on my wrist and hasn’t been off since. I’ve actually added 3 more since I got it (a little dangling boy, my son’s birth stone, and a dangling US flag). :) This chick is a happy chick!

No comments: