I've been tagged! Jennifer tagged me for this cool meme. Now you'll learn what a loon I am.
n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same.
1. When I take out several books from the library, I never know which one to read first. So I put them in alphabetical order, by author's last name, and read them that way.
2. I also like to have my music and movies in alphabetical order, but hubby insists on keeping them in genre order. Maybe one day when he sleeps, I'll put them the way I like them.
3. My house could look like a tornado hit it, but my bathroom would be spotless. I love a clean a bathroom, and it's the one room on the house I like to clean.
4. Pink is my favorite color. This may not sound strange to you, but if you knew me 2 years ago, you'd be surprised. I'm a tomboy at heart, and wore very little color until the last few years. I own more skirts than pants now, and more color than black. I've turned into a girly girl. Now that I think of it, it's not really an idiosyncrasy, is it? Oh well.
5. I'm a magazine whore. I subscribe to Parenting magazines, & knitting magazines. I also pick up on the newstand gossip mags (US Weekly is my fav), girly mags (Marie Claire is my fav), & home/cooking stuff like Martha's mag. Not to mention I read the stuff that hubby gets, Stuff, Maxim, Blender. I also get from work ToyFare and Wizard World. I am a magazine whore. Whomever gets my house on recycling day must hate me.
Whom shall I tag? Let's try: Sarah, Karma, and PurlPower.
Onto the knitting content. I started on Mariah # 2 last week. I got thru 7 or so inches of the first sleeve when I noticed I did one of the cables backwards, and I was tempted to leave it. But the perfectionist in me said RIP! So I ripped it out. And started anew. Here is the finished sleeve:
Ain't it purty? I started the second sleeve last night and hope to finish it by the end of this week. I'm planning on altering the pattern slightly, and adding pockets...something I've never done (altering or pockets!). I've got time to play with it...it's for a friend for Xmas.